Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is fast changing and, if you are using outdated SEO strategies or incorrectly using strategies that could be effective, then surely you will find yourself falling short in the game of fast changing SEO and SERPS. There are two critical factors that come into play when it comes to optimizing your website. These two factors play a very important part in your page ranking. The two factors are Onpage optimization and Offpage optimization, with Onpage having the greater positive affect. There are many other factors that come into play as well with regard to SERPS, some of which are discussed below.
- Write longer and more engaging content – Today most pages that rank on the first page of Google have in excess of 2000 words of content and not the typical 300 word articles of yesteryear. As a standard, prepare content that carries a minimum of 700 words all the way up to the 2000 words suggested. Your content should be engaging otherwise people will not spend much time on your site at all and will immediately leave your site and move on to the next;
- Utilize simple title tags without keyword stuffing – Do not stuff keywords into your title tag. This act presents with more negative results than positive. One of the most important factors that play a big role in determining whether or not you will do well on search engines is your title. Be certain to use your keyword in the title tag only once and limit your title characters length to 65 characters including spaces. Again, be certain not to overstuff your title tag;
- Content without keyword focus – Today it is imperative that you keep your keyword density around 1.5 to percent, unlike the five percent in years past. Quality, informative content is critical to your success and keeping the density at this level adds to the quality of the content. Ideally, you should try to keep your keyword density at about 1.5% with a mix of LSI keywords. Be certain to utilize your main keyword once in your first paragraph, your last paragraph, and once in the remaining body of content as well;
- Optimize images on your page and use videos – On-page has become more important than ever so make it a point not to leave your images blank. In addition, the use of videos will greatly enhance your chances of making the first page of search engines since they provide a resource that keeps users on your site longer;
- Create clear internal linking – Internal links are a definite strong signal for SEO. Randomly linking pages and creating circles through your website is in no way beneficial to your site or ranking at all. Rather the use of Internal links is much more beneficial and important to site ranking. Linking sites and posts naturally will help to perform better on Google and other search engines;
- Avoid all types of Black Hat SEO – The use of Black Hat SEO is detrimental to your ranking and, of course, can lead to penalties or even having your site banned. Avoiding such techniques as invisible text, cloaking, and doorway pages will prove to be both beneficial and productive to your ranking.
By following the above-mentioned guidelines and simple steps, you can be confident that you will experience higher-ranking levels on SERPS in 2016. For further reading on how to climb the SERPs visit ShootScope.